Sun 30 Jun 2013
After doing some initial basic research, we figured we had about 3.5weeks available in July to explore as much as possible. We’re from WA and are more interested in nature, but don’t mind history and other general things as well.
- Fly into Launceston from Perth beginning of July
- Hire a car to get to Latrobe for the Winterfest, drive down to Hobart, and explore around Hobart and surrounds while based there
- Stay in a hotel while we have the car and are based in Launceston and Hobart for the first week or so
- Hire a campervan to drive around and explore as much of the rest of Tasmania as we can in the remaining time available
- Fly out of Hobart back to Perth
I have to point out here that several dates for things like the Latrobe Chocolate Winterfest and pre-booked accommodation in Hobart, (prior to further research), had a major influence on how we had to plan things.